Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Want Vs Need

What is it that you want from life, their are those that will speak of all the materiel things they want and the relationships they want, and more. But I have a question what is it that you need? Be careful how you answer, because there is a big difference in needing and wanting. For instance you need oxygen to breath, and you need your heart to beat so your blood will flow and you intern can live. But who or what is it that you really need. Before July 19, of 1995 I felt I needed to walk to be able to be considered a person, but boy it's been 14 years since that day I was shot and I have found that walking doesn't define an individual but having your needs in order matters. I thought I needed that BMW, and all of the drug money, I thought I needed to have all those females. I thought to be respected in the streets was what I needed. Yet when my friend set me up to be robbed and my ability to stand escaped me, and friends left me. I found I needed GOD, not just on Sundays and on bible study nights, but everyday in every part of my life. I found that friends were cool, but what good are those relationships if GOD is not in the middle of them. Don't get it twisted, I'm not suggesting all you talk about is scripture, but rather have those around you that have an understanding of GOD and the importance of having a relationship with Him. I found that there is a true beauty in needing something, because when something is needed one will do everything to pursue it and go after it. Because a person can sit at home and want something, but needing causes movement to posses the thing desired. When times are hard I need GOD to be there, when times are good I need GOD to be there. I have found that GOD will show up not only in a manifested blessing, but also through those He has purposed to place in and around your life. I grew up in church full of wants, but it wasn't until I lost something that I thought I needed that I found what I really needed, and at the end of the day we all have a need and that need can only be filled by GOD. I leave you with a question what is it that you really need, and please don't let tragedy strike to inform you. You have been warned.

Bro Titus I Remain Inspired

No comments:

Post a Comment