Thursday, July 30, 2009

I Remember

I remember when I first learned to speak to GOD, it was now I lay me down to sleep I pray dear Lord my soul you will keep, and if I should die before I awake I pray dear Lord my soul you will take. Grandma hand me to get on my knees every night as a child to whisper that conversation to GOD. There were nights I looked forward to it and others I would have rather went to sleep. But As I look back and remember those prayers or child hood conversations with GOD, I see that they were insurance policy's not just for the moment but for times in my life when I forgot to pray. I remember as a child climbing trees and looking for miles at the tops of houses, I remember when Grandpa got sick because of a hole in his heart and the doctors gave him a year to live, I remember begging GOD as a child please don't take daddy away (Grandpa), and he lived until I became a physical man (21). I remember Daddy teaching me to respect my elders and to be a southern gentleman. I remember now & later candy (mystery mix) and being called in the house when the street lights came on. I remember my first kiss when I was in Jr High, and I remember my Grandfather standing by the bleachers when my name was called to receive my diploma. I remember my Grandfather dieing two days after my birthday and my grandmother dieing on valentines day. But years after their death I remember that every good and perfect gift comes from GOD. So whatever good I remember and even that which was bad yet good still developed, GOD was right there smiling. I remember Grandma and Grandpas eyes, and I realize something that it was never them looking at me, well it was but that beauty that was behind the look was GOD staring right at me and I'm so blessed to remember those days and the days that are present now and those that will come. Sometimes we have to sit back and remember the awesome hand of GOD in our lives through the people and places and things He has allowed to cross our path. Do you remember?

I Remain Bro Titus Inspired

No comments:

Post a Comment